Robbie Williams Tattoos Superman

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Is It Dumb to Want A Tattoo

OK, first off, you've probably wanted a tattoo for years now and what you wanted has probably changed from a skull and cross bones, Love and Hate and finally settling on the names of your children etched Gothic style into the side of your arm - but when (and if) do you stop dreaming and go out and get one actually done?It's a bold step, because in the main it's one that you make forever, so let's think carefully about designs. Celtic seems to be popular - knotts, bands and crosses and they've always caught my eye so I may follow suit and get one of these, sounds simple but next you need to decide where on your body you're going to get this done.

Tattoo's are both personal and public, people like to display their art while it usually holds an inner meaning or memory. But I don't want to go for a job interview / meeting etc. etc. with my tattoo on show, perhaps I feel it somehow lessens my professional look.
So it's above the elbow or safely tucked away somewhere on my back.

Style wise I've seen a nice little emblem to go at the top of my neck (but below collar line) which holds in it two jewels, one for each of my children. It's not over the top and would hopefully not look out of place.

Finding the right place to get your tattoo.

Now, I dislike having my haircut. I'm uncomfortable with the banal chit-chat between cutter and customer and usually can't wait to run out. Fact is, tattoo's take longer than hair cuts, much, much longer. I telephoned a local artist who said for the size I wanted it would be just over an hour, a small price I guess for the lifetime work of art.

Cost-wise it seems to depend on the size of the tattoo, a small 2 inch square tattoo is about $90.00 whereas the larger more extravagant ones reach into the $1,000 and beyond, and that's not to mention multiple sittings!

With that said and done, I'm booked for a sitting and this time next week I'll be the proud owner of my first (does that imply more to come??) tattoo.

After scouring the internet I've found a nice site which has some downloadable pictures and outlines which you can take along to the tattoo parlour and they will reproduce the design for you, or ammend it should you have any particular requirements such as names and colours. I don't really want any specific text on mine so will be happy to get as close to the picture as the artist can.

Have to admit there is a worry he or she will get it wrong, but I'm going to a reputable artist who comes recommended.

Wish me luck!

No comments: